How to Root the M865 Ascend II
From PlayfulDroidz Wiki
|DISCLAIMER: Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By following thos guide, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own Risk'!|
- 1 - download the A2 Root update.zip
- 2 - connect your phone via usb (or use an sd card adapter). In your pull down menu, hit mount (or connect) to usb
- 3 - choose the correct drive that your phone is connected to (make sure that you can see your camera folder etc.)
- 4 - don not unzip the zip file you have just downloaded, place the entire zip on the main "menu" (root) of your sd card.
- 5 - disconnect your usb cable and wait for your phone to finish preparing sd card. (you'll see that in your notification bar)
- 6 - power your phone off.
- 7 - hold volume up and push and hold power until your phone boots into recovery. (about 5-10 seconds)
- 8 - using your volume buttons, scroll to update from sd card and press power to select.
- 9 - scroll to the "update zip" that you placed in your sd card and select.
- 10 - reboot and tadaa! Your rooted enjoy!
- 11 - download rom manager and run fix permissions. I was getting force closes and this took care if it.